Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Work: Update from the studio...


Flash is my most recent finished painting, and is in the 20x20 show at Art17, which runs through November 20th. It was created especially for this exhibition, and measures 20x20" and is oil and acrylic on birch3/4" plywood. Don't miss it, and as far as I know it is still available...
I've got a ton of new work going on in the studio including 16 or 17 little paintings (10"x8.5") that are well underway, and I have cut all the wood for 6 new medium sized paintings (20"x17"). New Graphite drawings are happening too. I hope to get back on the schedule of posting new artwork every week (with a few older things dug up in my flatfile).
I'm heading to NYC on Friday to hang out with my lovely wife bounce around some galleries while she is in the New York office working, and catch a show, the first time I've done that in a few years without dragging 40 students around. More on that when I get back.
Perhaps it is a little early to announce, but I am very excited to be working on a collaboration with composer Matt Sargent as well as a collaboration with my neighbor/art buddy JT Kirkland (Who is also a newlywed and jetting around Europe right now, if you don't read his blog Thinking About Art you should check it out). JT and Matt are also working on a project, and we are looking for places to exhibit the work, we may have one locked in, but we want to take it on a tour next summer/fall, hopefully between here and new england and a few points west, email me if you are interested in helping out with that.
I know the blog has been quiet, but its a new school year, work has been crazy and full of drama, and there has been quite a bit cooking... stay tuned for more.

No comments: