Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Update: New Artwork, Studio, etc.

Seep
oil and acrylic on birch
20"x17" - 2009

Its been a while since I posted, but I've been busy, lots of great stuff happening. I've posted some new work from this summer and fall on my website from my artist residency and once I got home. I still have a ton to put up, but I am trying to balance that with making more art and navigating some changes in my studio situation. I also revamped the site with some changes in navigation - let me know what you think.
I will be moving to a great new studio in December (hopefully by then) at the MT. Ranier Artist studios on the DC/MD border. I am very excited about this move, it will increase my studio space to 550sf, with high ceilings, great light from a huge 4'x8' skylight and in close proximity to a bunch of great artists. Its in the same complex as Red Dirt Studios and the Washington Glass School. I will post images and give you more info as the moving details firm up. I hope to host an open studio in December along with the other artists in the Gateway Arts District, so stay tuned.
Last week was a great week for me, with a bunch of sales, including two large paintings. Art Night at Hickcok Cole Architects in Georgetown was a big success (private event), in additon to things coming directly from my studio not related to that event.
It also looks like I will be performing Ghost Music, a colaboration with composer Matt Sargent in DC in January, more on that as details firm up.
Thanks for checking in, drop me a line if you aren't on my email list and I will keep you in the know.

No comments: