Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Progress in the Studio

I am so excited about the new work in the studio, its great to be working in a new space and taking a break from refurbishing on our condo. Be sure to make it to my open studio from 8pm-? on Saturday, December 8 in Reston to see the new work. There will be new large, medium, and I think some small paintings as well as new works on paper. My wife Rochelle took the camera with her on her trip to see her parents, so I'll get some studio shots posted when she gets back. I'm waiting to hear back from my photographer about an appointment right before the open studio to shoot all of it but the smallest pieces (which I will scan).

I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, I'd stay up all night painting and listening to the same Beck album (Sea Change). For the last three or four years its become one of my favorite "working in the studio" albums.

No comments: