Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pretty Good News

I'm happy to say that I was asked to be a So Hamiltonian Fellow Alternate. Of course I would rather have been one of the ten artists who were chosen for the fellowship, but I still get to take advantage of the lecture and seminar series with the ten artists who received the fellowship. I was also informed that there would be a group show for the five alternates at the new gallery space on 14th St. that is currently under construction and is set to open sometime around June.
There were 125 applications from across the country. Congrats to all the recipients.

The recipients are:

Christian Benefiel (Severna Park , MD)

Anne Chan (Baltimore, MD)

Ian Davis (Baltimore, MD)

Leah Frankel (North Wales, PA)

Alex Gutierrez (Kensington, MD)

Linda Hesh (Alexandria, VA)

Al Miner (Washington, DC)

Youngmi Organ (Nokesville, VA)

Brian Rojsuontikul (Springfield, VA)

Michael Sirvet (Washington, DC)

The jurors were:

Philip Barlow Art Collector

Linda Day Clark Coppin State University

Annie Gawlak G Fine Art Gallery

Nevin Kelly Nevin Kelly Gallery

John Penny Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA)

Foon Sham University of Maryland at College Park

Tim Tate Washington Glass School

No comments: