Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

More New Drawings

In between the 30 new paintings I am making for my solo exhibition at GRACE (and two for a collaboration with JT Kirkland) I have made some more Ghost Music studies for my collaboration with minimalist composer Matt Sargent. The drawings are graphite on polypropylene and measure 6"x4".

Ghost Music Study 12

Ghost Music Study 13

Ghost Music Study 14

Ghost Music Study 15

Ghost Music Study 16

Ghost Music Study 17

Ghost Music Study 18

Ghost Music Study 19

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, even though I know the small scale of this work, seeing these jpegs makes me kinda wish they were HUGE. Something like the painting we traded... or bigger!

John M. Adams said...

Hey man tell me about it - it can happen - the collab with Matt will be pretty darn big.
Storage is a problem, I don't know if they can be rolled or not and then easily unrolled and displayed - they would most likely have to be on a big rigid backing, then there is the space issue again......

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah... I forgot for a moment that these are prep for the large drawing for the collab. That will satisfy my hunger to see them bigger.

When will somebody just come along and give us 5,000 square foot studio/storage spaces???

John M. Adams said...

Well you missed your chance to marry a rich old lady! For now, I would settle for someone renting us an 8x10 storage space to clear out some room in my studio. I want to see them big too - I'm thinking they will get that big outside of the collab with Matt, I'm going to send out a couple of packages to to a few people over the next month who i think would really be interested in them and we will see were that goes...

Matt Sargent said...

Hey John -- these are looking beautiful! I was working on mixing down Bill's video tonight. Look for a link in your email by the end of the week.

Hope that life is good down in Reston!