Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Done

The Cranberry River

Done. Yes, done with all of the paintings (30+) for the show at GRACE (sorry, no images, you will just have to go see the show, and yes there are the details of hanging hardware, but the painting is finished). Also, the April issue of Elan Magazine has been published which includes a 4 page article on my work. Today I am leaving on a triennial backpacking trip with my college roommates to Cranberry Wilderness in the Monongahela National Forest. There will be miles of hiking carrying a huge pack, campfires, practical jokes and of course rainbow and wild brook trout will be involved. Oh, and Tuesday it is supposed to snow.
It will be great to get away from the studio and the day job for the better part of a week, so don't expect any emails from me. I hope that when I get back I will be able to see the work with fresh eyes when hanging the show April 15.

No comments: