Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Monday, January 28, 2008

Relentless Continuity, Artwork of the Week, January 28





Relentless Continuity 2007
Graphite and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on Drywall
17 inches x 276 inches at Artomatic 2007

Relentless Continuity was a site-specific wall drawing executed on site at Artomatic 2007 from April 7 through April 11, 2007, using graphite and Mr. Clean magic Eraser. The drawing existed for the duration of Artomatic 2007 and was destroyed during demolition and reconstruction of the temporary exhibition space immediately following the exhibition. Thus the artwork required the viewer to be there, now as it begans and ended. This drawing was designated as being one of the top two drawings at Artomatic 2007 by Washington Post Art and Film Critic Michael O'Sullivan.

I know that some of you may have seen this piece, but I wanted to put it out there for those who had not. More new work on the way, let me hear your thoughts about this one...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to see this piece at Art-O-Matic, but I'm certainly glad to have found it on your blog. It's a beautiful piece.

I was introduced to your work a little while back through JT Kirkland, and I've really enjoyed everything I've seen on here. Hope to see some of these paintings in person sometime soon.

- Matt

Lenny said...

That is such a cool work of art...

John M. Adams said...

Thanks for the positive comments Matt and Lenny. I would do more of this kind of work if I had the chance, but I guess having long periods of time in between the opportunities keeps it fresh when I can manage it.
Matt, you can contact me any time for a studio visit. I've got a long distance solo show at GRACE in the future, but I've mainly been hunkering down in the studio and tweaking my portfolio, so I'll let you know when I get some pieces in a group show or another show before that. Send me your contact info and will add you to my emailing list: johnmadams75@yahoo.com