Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Monday, January 28, 2008

Who Else Knew? (VMFA Fellowships)

Ugh, I was bummed to find out I had missed the deadline for the 2008/2009 Virgina Museum of Fine Arts Professional Fellowships. I've been applying for those for the past ten years (I did receive a graduate fellowship from them for 1999/2000) and the deadline was always March 1. I started getting my application materials ready so I went to the website yesterday and saw that the deadline had passed. I emailed the contact about it and she replied saying the deadline was back in November, and they had sent out press releases to organizations throughout the state. I don't remember seeing this on any listings, maybe I just spaced on it, but I'm interested to find out how many Virginia artists out there knew about the earlier deadline and who missed it. Anyone?

No comments: