Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

21 Days

Three weeks until I deliver my work, but my self-imposed deadline for completing all of the "painting" is looming (not counting wiring everything up and painting the sides of the recessed frames). Next Friday, April 3rd is a little too close for comfort but not out of the question at this point. I'm finishing about a painting a day (or maybe two days) at this point. After I finish the work I am spending a week backpacking. It will be good to let the work sit while I get as far away from it as possible before the install, so I can see everything with a clear head when I walk into the gallery.
I am participating in Artomatic with Matt Sargent and JT Kirkland as an extension of our collaboration. We spent some time discussing our plan tonight. More on that later.
The April edition of Elan Magazine will be coming out in the next week; look for what will probably be a four page article on my work. And of course, my solo at GRACE will open May 2 and the reception is from 5-7pm. See you there.

No comments: