Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

48 days And Counting: Solo at GRACE

Work in progress...

I have 48 days until I install my show at GRACE, so I decided to keep a little journal here of the preparations and my thoughts. I am working on over 30 new paintings for the show and they are progressing quite nicely. The paintings are well under way and I have started finishing some of them. Expect to see some detail shots of works in progress and a few of the finished pieces.
On Thursday I did a 2.5 hour interview for Elan Magazine, which will be published in the April issue, just before my show opens which is perfect timing. I think it went extremely well, but I am a little nervous, I don't want to sound like a total idiot or a pompous ass. You be the judge when the article comes out.
I'm taking a personal day to work in the studio after a productive snowy extended weekend, the light is incredible today thanks to the reflection from the snow...

No comments: