Thoughts from my studio about artwork; new pieces as well as those things that have have remained hidden in my flat file...

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Artwork of the Week, December 3 (well part of it anyway)

Detail of a work in progress
detail size 5"x4", artwork size 20"x17"

Yeah I know this is a little late, but hey I've been focused in the studio and really excited about the new pieces, of which this is a detail of one. In fact its the same piece I posted a little over two weeks ago when I announced the open studio. Like I said I've been busy. I have a ten a.m. appointment with my photographer in DC, and I am sweating if the paint will be dry (yeah I am still tweaking things) I guess will have to get creative with my packing job.

If you want to see the rest of this piece, you will have to come to the open studio. Color schemes and textures have mutated into something new and I'm excited to see peoples reactions to the variety (and quantity) of work I've produced this year, in spite of all of the big life changes. Three brand new large paintings complement the four I completed earlier this year for my solo show at the Arlington Arts Center this past spring. A selection of medium format paintings (20x17) are the first I worked on in this range in something like two years. Some brand new small paintings on birch as well as brand spanking new tape paintings on paper that are extremely affordable and tend to get snatched up quickly.

Drop me a line if you have any questions.


No comments: